Though most parents try to take care of their children’s health, they often do not give the due attention to their children’s hair care. Children’s hair is very delicate and carelessness can cause permanent damage to their hair. In the following lines, you will find all the tips you need for your children’s hair care and make sure that they have healthy hair for the rest of their lives.
- When combing children’s hair, avoid backcomb. It is very dangerous for children’s delicate hair.
- Instead of using a hairbrush, use a plastic It will minimize static electricity buildup, which makes children’s hair stand up and prone to damage.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull the hair. If you do make such styles, remove such styles as soon as possible. Styles made with rubber bands continuously pull the children’s hair and cause traction alopecia, the loss of hair due to continuous traction. This kind of hair loss is irreversible.
- Use a mild conditioner to minimize the formation of hair knots.
- Train your children to take care of their hair. This will form lifelong habits and make them aware of their hair care.
- Rotate hairstyles so that certain hairs are not subject to continuous traction.
- Have an inspection of your child’s hair on a regular basis. Look for the signs of any hair or scalp disease or lice. As children often do not report hair problems, an unnoticed disease can cause permanent damage before you notice it.
- Make hair care a fun activity for your children. This will encourage them to take care of this precious asset for the rest of their lives.
Care taken in the early stage of life pays off later while carelessness about children’s hair care can have serious consequences later in their lives.